Providing decision makers in commercial shipping with relevant emissions data can unleash substantial emissions reduction potential.
Want to apply?
Send your CV and cover letter to our careers mail
Do you want to use your analytic skills to speed up the decarbonisation of global shipping?
Siglar Carbon is growing and we are looking for the right person with ambitions, drive, skills, and knowledge to join our Carbon Analytics and Advisory team in Oslo. By joining our team, you will take part in part in the important and ambitious journey to make global shipping carbon neutral through data driven decisions.
About the role
You will be part of a competent and experienced analytics team, focused on delivering high quality insights to clients and addressing challenging problems associated with global shipping emissions. In this role, you will assist in continuously improving our analyses, emissions estimates and modelling for global shipping. Whether you have a background in the shipping industry or possess a keen interest inexploring this field, this position offers an excellent opportunity for continuous learning and discovery. You will get the opportunity to collaborate across departments.
Your contributions will directly impact our clients and further our mission to make global shipping carbon neutral.
- You have a degree in quantitative field such as engineering, mathematics, or economics with strong analytical skills.
- You have experience from the ship owner or ship chartering side. Alternatively, you have experience from shipping market, commodity market or financial market analysis.
- You have knowledge, or want to learn, about ship efficiency measurement and modelling.
- You are familiar with data analytics tools such as Python, SQL, Excel, and Tableau/Power BI.
- You are self-driven and a strong critical thinker with good communication skills and you enjoy sharing your findings.
- A vital role in a growth company with large opportunities and an important mission.
- Possibility to work with major global companies.
- A competent and experienced team with clear goals and high ambitions.
- Open access to experts with domain knowledge in shipping and naval architecture to enhance your understanding and insights.
- A flexibleworking environment with inspiring offices at Rebel.no in downtown Oslo.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
Siglar Carbon collaborate with leading global companies to measure, analyse, and reduce CO2 emissions from their shipping activities, utilising data and analytics as the foundation for everything we do. As the industry’s go-to place for information about shipping emissions, we also advise on regulatory and market development.
We are currently a team of 26 people mainly based in Stavanger and Oslo.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Bernhard Feet
Excited by the opportunity and looking to apply? Send your CV together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 17 December 2023.