Our mission is to help global charterers and ship owners reduce their carbon footprint through cutting edge technology
Want to apply?
Send your CV and cover letter to our careers mail
Want to use your development skills to fight against climate change?
About the position
We need your help building software that reduces CO2 emissions in the maritime shipping industry. As part of our team, you will have clear responsibilities, autonomy over your work, a flexible schedule, remote work opportunities and people who care about you beyond the workplace.
We will empower you to build amazing software while supporting your personal and professional growth every step of the way. You will be an important part of our multidisciplinary team covering the fields of Product Management, UX Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Data Engineering, Data Science, DevOps and Infrastructure. By joining Siglar, you will play a part in tackling one of the biggest challenges of our lifetime.
Desired experience and skills
- 2+ years of experience with Go
- 2+ years of experience SQL and NoSQL
- Building, managing and using REST APIs
- Bonus: Experience with DDD and Clean Architecture
- Bonus: Firebase/GCP experience
- Bonus: CI/CD experience
- Bonus: ETL/ELT experience
- Bonus: Knowledge about the maritime shipping industry
We are flexible on seniority and experience levels. You could be someone fresh out of university or someone with 20 years of experience or anywhere in between, as long as you seem like a good fit for us.
About us and our perks
- Competitive salary
- Minimum 5 weeks annual vacation
- Excellent health insurance
- Pension plan
- Parental benefits
- Subsidized mobile phone with paid subscription
- Gym access
- Subsidized lunch
- Free bicycle and car parking
- Lovely views of the fjord and mountains
- Help relocating to Norway!
Siglar Carbon was founded in 2016 and we are currently a team of 20+ people based in Stavanger and Oslo. We work with leading, global companies to help measure, analyse and reduce their CO2 emissions from shipping activities. Data and analytics are fundamental to everything we do. We are the industry's go-to-place for information and insight on shipping emissions. Sharing our knowledge is important, both internally and externally.
Deadline for application: 14 January 2022
If you want to learn about ship emissions, have a look at our Insights page