Providing decision makers in commercial shipping with relevant emissions data can unleash substantial emissions reduction potential.
Want to apply?
Send your CV and cover letter to our careers mail
Do you want to help make shipping carbon neutral through data driven decisions?
Siglar Carbon is growing, and we are looking for a Data Scientist with the ambition, drive, skills, and knowledge to join our Carbon Analytics and Advisory team in Oslo. By joining our team, you will participate in an important and ambitious journey to make global shipping carbon neutral.
About the role
In this role, you will engage with substantial amounts of spatial and spatiotemporal data, including AIS data. You will utilise your Python and SQL skills to contribute to a project of significant purpose. Whether you have a background in the shipping industry or possess a keen interest in exploring this field, this position offers an excellent opportunity for continuous learning and discovery.
As part of a competent and experienced analytics team, you will focus on delivering high-quality insights to clients and address challenging problems associated with global shipping emissions by developing advanced algorithms and data-driven solutions. We value the exchange of insights and aim to create a welcoming space for refining and developing communication skills.
Your contributions will directly impact our clients and further our mission to make global shipping carbon neutral.
- You hold a degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Cybernetics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Naval Architecture, or a related field.
- You have experience in developing and testing predictive models.
- You possess robust knowledge of different machine learning methods, including supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- A vital role in a growth company with large opportunities and an important mission.
- Possibility to work with major global companies.
- A competent and experienced team with clear goals and high ambitions.
- Open access to experts with domain knowledge in shipping and naval architecture to enhance your understanding and insights.
- A flexible working environment with inspiring offices at Rebel.no in downtown Oslo.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
Siglar Carbon collaborate with leading global companies to measure, analyse, and reduce CO2 emissions from their shipping activities, utilising data and analytics as the foundation for everything we do. As the industry’s go-to place for information about shipping emissions, we also advise on regulatory and market development.
We are currently a team of 26 people mainly based in Stavanger and Oslo.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Vigleik Lund
Excited by the opportunity and looking to apply? Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 22 October 2023.