Our mission is to help global charterers and ship owners reduce their carbon footprint through cutting edge technology
Want to apply?
Send your CV and cover letter to our careers mail
Want to take part in the journey of decarbonising shipping through carbon efficient commercial decisions?
About the position
Siglar Carbon’s mission is to help charterers and shipowners reduce their carbon footprint and cost exposure using smart data. Our best-in-class CO2 emissions prediction,analytics and reporting tools are trusted by key players in the industry.
The last couple of years we have experienced rapid growth and established a leading position in the global tanker market, helping clients use the market to achieve their CO2 reduction targets. We have used the momentum to introduce Siglar’s solutions to the dry bulk market, where we experience a growing interest. We are therefore looking for a new commercial specialist to join our team.
- Identify and explore new business opportunities for our product portfolio within dry bulk shipping and support the company’s sales targets
- Build and execute the segment's go-to-market strategy together with our commercial team
- Establish relationships with relevant stakeholders at various levels to help build Siglar’s position in the dry bulk market
- Grow, manage and maintain the company’s sales pipeline
We are looking for someone who will develop and establish Siglar’s position within the dry bulk market. You will be responsible for identifying business opportunities, developing go-to-market strategies and driving growth across the industry.
The ideal candidate is an experienced shipping or sales professional with solid communication skills and the ability to understand a client’s daily needs and challenges. You are comfortable with leading high value commercial processes, from establishing relationships with key stakeholders to closing final contract negotiations.
Clients choose Siglar because we understand the dynamics of global shipping, hence knowledge and experience from dry bulk chartering, broking, trading or similar is required.
- Proven track record of leading commercial processes with multiple stakeholders at different seniority levels
- Clear understanding of, and experience with, the global chartering ecosystem
- Strong contact network across the global dry bulk community
- Understanding and experience with selling software or data services is an advantage
The position is based in Stavanger or Oslo. Some travel should be accounted for.
About us and our perks
Why should you join us?
- We are taking on one of the biggest challenges in the world; decarbonising global shipping – and we have already made a dent in the market!
- We are a fast-growing company with great possibilities.
- High responsibility role and the chance to work with world leading companies.
People also enjoy working at Siglar because we have
- A flexible working environment, modern offices in the city centre of Stavanger and Oslo, subsidized lunch and gym access.
- Competitive terms and conditions, with health insurance.
- A team of leading experts within maritime decarbonisation
Deadline for application: April 8th 2022
If you want to learn more about how commercial decisions can impact shipping decarbonisation, have a look at our insight page.